Paper Coffee Filters
Permanent Coffee Filter
Coffee Filter Butterflies: a Fun Project for the Kids
* Pipe cleaner
* Paper coffee filter
* Water color paints
* Paint brush
* Wire cutters
* Needle nose pliers
To Make the Coffee Filter Butterflies
1. Cut the pipe cleaner in half. (You will only use 1 piece for this project)
2. Using water color paints, paint the coffee filter. Let dry.
3. Fold the pipe cleaner in half.
4. Twist the bent end about 1/2" from the bend.
5. Accordion pleat the coffee filter in about 1/2" pleats.
6. Slide the butterfly in-between the black ends of the pipe cleaner stem.
7. Twist the pipe cleaner above the butterfly to hold it in place.
8. Separate the ends of the pipe cleaner.
9. Bend one end of the pipe cleaner over about 1/4". Bend again.
10. Repeat with other end. This makes the antennas.
11. Fan out the butterfly's wings.
12. If desired, hang with yarn or fishing line to make a mobile as described above.
|Shop With Confidence|
| Contacts |
Site Map |
©2013 TotalVac Inc, all rights reserved
TOTALVAC & TOTALVAC.COM are Registered trademarks in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office